Sure Soaps was founded by Sam Haley in 2017. The mission of Sure Soaps is to bring you a soap that is made with the safest, most natural, and highest quality ingredients possible. Most brands have harmful chemical ingredients. Sam has always searched for the healthiest soaps that she can find and knows first hand how hard it can be to find a healthier alternative. That is why Sam decided that she would have to do it herself if she wanted it done right. All of our soaps are home made in small batches, with care put into each one. You can be sure our soaps don’t have a paragraph of ingredients of which you can’t pronounce, or that you don’t know the impact they have on your body and the environment, or where they come from.
Here are just 7 of hundreds of chemicals used in skin care products that you will NOT find in our soaps:
- Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate (SLS/SLES) Sodium lauryl sulfate: a surfactant, detergent, and emulsifier used in thousands of cosmetic products, and in industrial cleaners.
- Dioxane: a synthetic petrochemical carcinogen used to create suds.
- Parabens: Used as a preservative in soaps and it prevents the growth of fungus and bacteria. They also have been shown to disrupt hormones, increasing breast cancer risk and reproductive toxicity.
- Propylene glycol: Commonly used as a solvent in many products. Easily penetrates the skin, weakens protein and cellular structure. Studies have shown that it can cause damage to the skin, liver, and kidneys.
- Diethanolamine or DEA: Primarily used as a lather in soaps, shampoos, and lotions. It has been linked to cancer in animals studies.
- Fragrance: Sounds harmless and is used in most soap products, but it is actually a mixture of hidden chemicals linked to disrupt hormones and cause allergic reactions.
- Triclosan: Found in many antibacterial soaps, deodorant, toothpaste. This compound has been linked to endocrine disruption, skin irritations, bacterial and antibiotic resistance.